Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"When Being Gay Isn't Always Gay"

Last Friday, I "met" Donna Smaldone for the first time.  Donna lives in New York State, and, after discovering my blog, she wrote comments on several posts, remarking on the love Chris and I share, and on how much in love she is with love.

Donna is a special person; that comes across loud and clear in her writing.  Not only are her spirit, energy, and positivity big and infectious, but also she is completely supportive of gay and lesbian people.  She recognizes the love she shares with her husband of eighteen years, Skip, is no different from the love I share with my partner, Chris.  Believe me when I say, we need a lot more people like Donna in this world--and on our side.  

Just two short days later (Sunday), I received an email from Donna.  She asked if I would consider guest blogging on her site.  She told me she had written parts I and II of a series titled, "When being gay isn't always gay," and would I be interested in writing part III, to be published Tuesday evening?    

I don't need to tell you I was thrilled with this offer.  Almost immediately, my imagination went to work.  I was intrigued by the subject of Donna's series.  The more I thought about it, the more I felt it coincided with the overall intent and message of my own blog.  I liked the synergy the two of us created working together on this project.  

Donna didn't have to ask me twice.  Over the next day or so, I came up with a piece of writing I hoped would do justice to her series.   After submitting it to Donna for her review last evening, she said she couldn't wait to publish it.

Below, you'll find the link to the post I wrote for her blog.  Please be sure to read parts I and II as well.  And I encourage you to take a look at the other posts on Donna's blog.  I think you'll agree her message of love and being the best you (The You Evolution) are important and timeless.

http://www.donnasmaldone.com/gay-relationships/when-being-gay-isnt-always-so-gay-part-iii-of-iii-guest-post-245/

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful recap of our collaboration, Rick. This series has profoundly touched my heart and I hope it will do likewise for your readers and mine alike. I cherish our newfound friendship and trust this is just the beginning.

    "To Love!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Donna. I have the same aspirations you do about this series. All we can do is put it out there and hope readers take something meaningful from it.
    I'm thrilled to be a part of this. Thanks again for your trust and friendship.

    ReplyDelete