Monday, September 26, 2011

Thought for the Day, #36


I am a man who loves men, and I am proud to wear that uniform and fight for things like gay marriage, but I also look forward to the day when I can take that uniform off, and just be me, a human being not defined by sexuality and religion....  I would like for there to be a day when all kids grow up in a world in which they will not be judged negatively based on who they fall in love with. This day is coming, faster than anyone expected....

And:

Falling in love will not send you to hell.  Love is beautiful.  You are beautiful.  Sex with someone you love is always beautiful.  

Both quotes are from Randy Roberts Potts, gay grandson of infamous televangelist Oral Roberts. In 1982, Ronnie Roberts, Randy's uncle and Oral Roberts's son, committed suicide after coming out.  Randy was profoundly affected by his uncle's death and now travels throughout the United States trying to undo the damage his grandfather did.

For more information, please click here.  

Check out Randy's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment